Sunday, April 4, 2010

Haggerty- Topography Map













My plan for this project was to poke nails through carboard or faom and manipulate them so they were at different levels representing the elevations of the mountain. When I first started, I decided I wanted to make my map two times bigger than the traced off map. When I was done with that, I drew out and color coded the lines so I could know what lines had to be at what elevation. After I was done with that, I began to poke the nails through. As I kept going, I found many problems with my idea. I couldn't place the nails right next to each other as i wanted because it would make the cardboard not stable, and the nail heads on the bottom blocked them from sitting right next to each other. I used hot glue to make the nails stay in place. I used different size and different kind of nails which I believe makes it look cool. The highest elevation on the map was 3119 ft and the lowest was 2300 ft, which on my map made the highest point 3.1 inches and the lowest point 2.3 inches. My idea was cooler and better looking in my head. I don't completely hate my project but I think i could have done better if either i made my map bigger or if I did a different idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment