Sunday, April 4, 2010

Kate Schied - Project 4 Topographic




Topographic Map Project
(Pine Hill in Alfred, NY)

This project was a struggle for me really didnt understand the math inovled at first for proportions sake. Then When I figured out it had to be 1" high (with a 16x16 in square), my first idea was not possible all that much. So i settled with my 2nd idea and that was to use dry clay. I had to mash it up in to a consistency so they were all around the same size. I still didnt know how it would turn out. When i got starting with the working with matterials part it was a bit more less stress. and I finally had something i didnt think was possible. throughout the "building" part of the process I found it hard to stay within the 1" hight, though in the end i did.




***The photos shown here, like many pictures of artwork can't be compared to the real thing I did take several different shots and in different angles.
I took the best photos that my little Kodak Easy Share could take.***



No comments:

Post a Comment